Research Scientist Intern, Computer Vision - Accel (PhD)
London, England, United Kingdom
2 months ago
Deep Learning Algorithms
Cross Cultural Assimilation
Meta AI is seeking Research Interns to join our Computer vision teams to work on innovative problems that would power the next generation product and platforms at scale. The problems we are interested in are related to fundamental research in 3D reconstruction, novel-view synthesis and neural rendering.
We are proposing Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. To learn more about our research, visit https://research.facebook.com.
Research Scientist Intern, Computer Vision - Accel (PhD) Responsibilities
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on machine learning and neural network methodologies.
- Collaborate with Facebook AI Research (FAIR) scientists to facilitate research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, videos, audio).
- Apply knowledge of relevant research domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects.
- Analyze, process, and annotate large datasets for use in the training and evaluation of AI systems for use in both research and production tasks.
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, GPUs, TPUs, etc.).
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at workshops or top AI conferences
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience in Python
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or computer vision
- Prior research experience in topics related to 3D reconstruction, novel-view synthesis and neural rendering
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Prior experience with deep learning frameworks
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to stay in touch with the literature of a particular domain and has the ability to reproduce results if needed