Strategy and M&A in Tech
Strategy and M&A are one of the largest fields in Consulting. Strategy Consultants provide clients with strategic advice on certain management topics. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Consultants guide clients through M&A and other M&A related matters such as debt and equity financing.
In this session, we will look at Strategy and M&A from the perspective of working with a Tech giant, rather than a Consulting Firm. Our Expert, Alonso Bustamante, Head of Strategy and M&A at Cloudflare, will walk you through his responsibilities, day-to-day activities, and the skills necessary for this role.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Your experience and background
- To MBA or not to MBA?
- Transitioning from other sectors to Tech
- The benefits of internships at different career stages
- How to upskill and stay updated on the newest trends and technologies
- Industry trends and essential skills (what do recruiters look for when hiring fresh talents?)
- Careers at the intersection of Business and Tech
- What does it mean to be a Head of Strategy & M&A at Cloudflare?
- What does your typical day look like?
- Your advice for students and recent graduates
- Your advice for those looking to transition into a new industry
- Questions from the audience
About Alonso Bustamante:
Alonso Bustamante is the Head of Strategy and M&A at Cloudflare, a global cloud platform that delivers a broad range of network services to businesses around the world—making them more secure, enhancing the performance of their business-critical applications, and eliminating the cost and complexity of managing and integrating individual network hardware. Alonso is Head of Cloudflare London, the company's EMEA headquarters. He has led multiple special projects, including acquisitions that are now a core part of the company’s long-term strategy, and has scaled the company’s EMEA operations, including the selection and launch of its new European R&D Center in Lisbon. He is also the co-executive sponsor of Latinflare, an employee group focused on the advancement and inclusion of Latin employees at Cloudflare.
Previously, he was part of the Global Strategy Group at Samsung in Korea, and a founding member at IGNIA, a venture capital firm that invests in high growth enterprises targeting the emerging middle class in Mexico. He has also held positions at Google and Atomico, a European venture capital fund investing in technology.
He holds a BA with majors in International Studies, Political Science and Latin American Studies from the University of Chicago and an MBA from London Business School, where he was a Chevening Scholar.
Click "Register" to secure your slot. When the webinar launches, that same button will say "Join with Zoom." Click to join the event.
You need to login to be able to ask a question or voteLogin