Investment Analyst (must speak Spanish)
Washington, DC, United States
2 months ago
Economic Data Analysis
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
The Latin America and the Caribbean Infrastructure Unit, an open and dynamic unit involved in the origination, structuring, and supervision of IFC's infrastructure investments in the region, is seeking an Investment Analyst to join our team in Washington DC, United States.
Duties and Accountabilities: The candidate is required to know and effectively use fundamental business concepts and practices and to provide analytical, research and other professional support to Investment Officers. The work program is varied and may be somewhat complex requiring evaluation, original thinking and various written outputs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and analyze financial models; demonstrated project finance modeling experience will be a plus.
- Participate and support in the structuring of new transactions.
- Review and analyze historical and projected financial statements
- Conduct industry, integrity (KYC), and market research (including pricing benchmarks) and assist in ' 'IFC's business development efforts.
- Elaborate pitchbooks and proposals for clients.
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Participate and provide analytical support in investments negotiation.
- Participate in the active monitoring of investments in portfolio companies, including monitoring of compliance with IFC financial, environmental, insurance, and legal requirements.
Selection Criteria * Bachelor's or equivalent degree (preferably with a concentration in Finance, Business, or Economics).
- Experience in a financial institution, investment banking, private equity fund, consulting firm, or other relevant sector experience (2-5 years) with a proven track record doing financial analysis.
- Experience in infrastructure-related projects (i.e., transport, power, telecom, water and sanitation) and project finance will be a plus.
- Knowledge of the macroeconomic, regulatory, and market conditions of the region (Andean Region) will be a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated quantitative, financial analysis, and modeling skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Proactive, initiative taker.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Keen interest in emerging markets.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.