Associate Director, Finance
Amman, Amman Governorate, Jordan
3 months ago
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society, environment, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Higher Education for Prosperity program is expected to focus on improving performance of core functions by higher education institutions, including student-centered teaching and learning, research, and engagement; and supporting effective and sustainable collaboration among higher education institutions, industry, and government stakeholders to improve teaching and learning, research, and innovation.
FHI 360 seeks qualified Associate Director of Finance and Administration for the above program in Jordan. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Job Responsibilities Develop and maintain sound financial and administrative management systems in line with USAID rules and regulations and the local laws, accounting for best practices and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
- At least eight years of experience in general management, financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting on donor-funded projects. USAID experience strongly preferred
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, manuals, and systems
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and/or support staff
- Previous experience in the Jordan preferable
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English and Arabic